Thursday 3 December 2015

Achieve that dewy skin you see in Korean dramas: Goodal Moisture Barrier Range | REVIEW


Even as a girl with oily skin, I am constantly looking for skincare products that will effectively improve my skin's hydration level. The more hydrated one's skin is, the lesser oil it will produce, and this will also result in lesser breakouts. Because I also have sensitive skin, keeping my skin hydrated will improve my skin's sensitivity as well.

I have never heard of Goodal before, but I'm glad to have recently discovered this naturalist skincare brand from Korea.

Goodal has recently introduced a new range called Moisture Barrier, and it consists of 4 different skincare essentials designed to repair the moisture barrier of the skin, thus keeping one's skin plump and hydrated. I received a cute little press kit from Goodal, and the mini travel-sized bottles allowed me to try their Moisture Barrier range for a few days.



Recently, the brand also engaged Korean actress Yeo-Jeong Jo to be Goodal's new brand ambassador.
Don't you want her flawless, dewy skin?

{ Star Ingredients }

The range is formulated with 2 main ingredients:

Mistletoe Moisture Barrier Complex
Able to bear fruit in below zero temperatures, the mistletoe plant is known for their strong endurance properties. This vitality is due to the presence of lectin (a type of protein found in plants) which promotes the secretion of cytokine. Cytokine is a category of smaller proteins which has been clinically proven to maintain skin homeostasis, an important process for skin renewal. Studies have shown that cytokines increase cell production and accelerate the renewal of skin cells, thus making it suitable for use on damaged skin barriers.

Do You Know?
To increase the absorption efficacy, the mistletoe is first finely grinded and exposed to hot vapour to remove impurities. The resulting mistletoe extract will then go through bamboo fermentation, a process that diminishes the size of the mistletoe compounds to enable better penetration into the skin.

Mt. Seorak Water
Found from the depths of 580m underground of Mt. Seorak in Korea, the 100% natural spring water contains 16 minerals including sodium, calcium and potassium that are known for their abilities to effectively moisturise the skin. These minerals assist in the process of effectively binding water with dehydrated skin cells and replenish the skin’s moisture level for a radiant and well-hydrated skin.

{ Products }

1. Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid
$39.90 / 120ml

Description:
"A power packed liquid that combines the efficacy of a toner, emulsion and essence, the Moisture Barrier Liquid is formulated with deeply hydrating ingredients such as squalene (a common lipid produced by human skin cells), hyaluronic acid and ureasimilar to substances that naturally occur in the skin required for the maintenance of moisture. The Moisture Barrier Liquid is recommended to be used on all skin types as a toner booster in the morning and evening, or as an emulsion for those with oily skin to provide skin with much-needed hydration after cleansing."

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Diglycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Niacinamide, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate , Alcohol Denat, Pentylene Glycol, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-11 Methyl Ether Dimethicone, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Octyldodeceth-16, Dimethiconol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Tromethamine, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Onsen-Sui Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dextrin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Allantoin, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Squalane, Urea, Sodium, PCA, Propo

My thoughts:
I love seeing niacinamide in my skincare products as this potent ingredient offers many benefits to the skin, such as enhancing its barrier function and improving the skin's elasticity, so I'm happy to see it at the top of the Moisture Barrier Liquid's ingredient list. However, I'm quite disappointed that the 3 "deeply hydrating ingredients" - mentioned in the description - are found at the bottom half of the list.  Even 1 of the star ingredients, mistletoe leaf extract, is found right at the bottom. On the other hand, it is free of parabens and synthetic dyes. This product, as with the rest of the products from the Moisture Barrier range, has a very fresh and pleasant scent which I really enjoy, but it's probably the added fragrance that I'm smelling - not that I mind as my skin doesn't react adversely to fragrances, but this is something you should be aware of, especially if your skin is sensitive to fragrances in your skincare products. I do like the emulsion-like texture of this product, and I think it makes my skin feel soft and moist, albeit with a tad bit of a sticky after-feel.

2. Goodal Moisture Barrier Cream Fresh
(For normal /combination skin)
$48.90 / 50ml

Description:
"Recommended for those with normal / combination skin, the Moisture Barrier Cream Fresh provides hydration whilst acts as a calming agent to soothe sensitised skin which has been exposed to the environmental assaults of the day. A light-textured cream with a gentle scent, it leaves skin well-hydrated and radiant. The Moisture Barrier Cream Fresh also doubles up as a sleeping pack at night to replenish moisture lost in the day for a refreshed feeling the next morning."


My Thoughts:
I am in love with the sorbet-like texture of this moisturiser. It feels cooling when applied, absorbs into my skin effortlessly and does not leave a greasy film. I cannot seem to find the ingredient list of this cream online, but I'm assuming the percentage of fragrance in it is the same as the Moisture Barrier Liquid since the two smell exactly the same. Nonetheless, my oily, dehydrated skin seems to approve of this moisturiser!

3. Goodal Moisture Barrier Cream
(For normal / dry skin)
$48.90 /50ml

Description:
"The Goodal Moisture Barrier Cream comes in a balm form that gently melts into skin, leaving a smooth finish. Deeply hydrating and nourishing, it is recommended for those with dry skin or when the skin needs an additional boost of moisture. Performing a two-in-one function, the cream doubles up as a day moisturiser, and can also be mixed with a makeup base to achieve a flawless complexion that glows from within."


My Thoughts:
This cream for normal / dry skin definitely has a slightly thicker (but smooth) consistency. While it does leave a slight greasy film, it feels very moisturising on my skin. However, because I do have oily skin, I prefer to use this on my neck instead. I find that the texture is also similar to that of a hand cream, so I tried applying this on my cuticles and I think it moisturised them relatively well hahaha. I couldn't stop smelling my fingers afterwards - ugh, I really like the scent! But again, it's probably the added fragrance. I can't find the ingredient list for this cream too.

4. Goodal Moisture Barrier Eye Cream
$39.90 / 20ml

The eye cream seemed to have been missed out from my press kit, so here are the press photos:

-


Apart from the Goodal Moisture Barrier range, I was also sent one of Goodal's masques.

Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Bubble Peeling
$35.90 / 50ml

Description:
"An innovative 'peeling' exfoliator that uses gentle and hydrating ingredients to remove dead skin cells. Watch the creamy serum transform into a foamy exfoliator. Salicyclic acid exfoliates your pores and removes excess oil, green tea extracts brighten and yerba mate leaves your skin is left feeling soft and hydrated."


Ingredients:
Water, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Yerba Mate (Ilex Paraguariensis) Leaf Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Ethyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Ethyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Polyacrylamide, Triethanolamine, Betaine, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenoxyethanol, PVP, Salicylic Acid, Laureth-7, Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil, Allantoin, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Peel Oil, Lavendin (Lavandula Hybrida) Oil, Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia) Oil, Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Extract, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Black Currant (Ribes Nigrum) Seed Oil, Bergamot (Citrus Aurantium Bergamia) Fruit Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Fruit Extract, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Fruit Extract, Rose (Rosa Damascena) Flower Oil, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Anise (Illicium Verum) Fruit/Seed Oil, Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum) Fruit Oil, Sage (Salvia Officinalis) Oil, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, Camu Camu (Myrciaria Dubia) Fruit Extract, Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia) Fruit Extract, Sandalwood (Santalum Album) Oil, Brazil Nut (Bertholletia Excelsa) Seed Oil, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Murumuru (Astrocaryum Murumuru) Seed Butter, Cupuacu (Theobroma Grandiflorum) Seed Butter 

Directions:
"Apply after the double cleanse, avoiding the eye and lip area. The product will foam naturally after application. As it foams, use fingers to massage gently in upward circular motions throughout face. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry. Use once or twice a week."

Psst, you now have the first look of my eyebrow embroidery - I can't wait to share more soon! 
This was only the 2nd day of embroidery, so I couldn't let my eyebrows get into contact with the product and/or water.

My Thoughts:
This has got to be my favourite product from Goodal so far. As you can see from the above picture, it left me with brighter, more radiant skin that feels soft, clean and hydrated all at the same time. As seen from the ingredient list, this exfoliating bubble masque contains many different fruit oils and extracts. I absolutely love how this product has both exfoliating and hydrating properties, allowing my skin to have the best of both worlds. Not to mention that the bubbles are so fun to watch?? It's beyond tempting to use this everyday, but it's sadly only meant to be used once or twice a week.
-

That's it for my review of Goodal's Moisture Barrier range!

Have you tried any of Goodal's products before? If you have not, I urge you to let the Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Bubble Peeling be your first product from the brand ;)

-
Goodal is available for purchase at selected Guardian stores (Bugis Junction, Bukit Timah Plaza, Compass Point, Causeway Point 2, Great World City, Sports Hub - Kallang Wave, IMM, ION Orchard, JEM Shopping Centre, Serangoon NEX, Ngee Ann City, Northpoint, Novena Square, Paragon, Parkway, Plaza Singapura, Raffles City, Scotts Square, Toa Payoh Blk 190, Tampines Century Square, Vivo City and West Mall) and all BHG stores (Bugis, Choa Chu Kang, Bishan, Tampines and Clementi).


Disclaimer: Products featured in this post were sent to me by Huntington Communications (representing Goodal Singapore) for review. This post does contain information from the brand itself, but thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am neither affiliated with nor compensated by the involved companies.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment