Wednesday 13 September 2017

Latest acne busters: Hiruscar Anti-Acne Range | REVIEW


Hiruscar recently launched their new Anti-Acne series, so I'm here to do a breakdown as well as a mini review of the range. But before I give my thoughts, here's what the brand claims:

"Hiruscar Anti-Acne is a dermatological skincare formulated specially for acne prone skin. It is lightweight and is quickly absorbed into the skin. Our products are also gentle and does not dry out your skin. It can be conveniently used under makeup! It contains MPS for maintaining skin moisture, Aloe Vera to soothe redness and salicylic acid for its anti-acne benefits."

Also, one can apparently see acne improvement in 2 days. As someone with oily, blemish-prone skin especially during that time of the month, I couldn't wait to test the range out and see if it's true.

Ready for the breakdown of all 3 Hiruscar Anti-Acne products? Let's go!


1. Hiruscar Anti-Acne Pore Purifying Cleanser
(S$14.90 / 100ml)

Product Claims:
+ Gentle formulation
+ Deeply cleanses without drying the skin
+ Removes excessive dirt and sebum
+ Balances the skin’s moisture

My Thoughts:
There are a lot of foaming cleansers marketed to be suitable for acne-prone and/or oily skin that do this particular skin type more harm than good as they strip the skin of its natural moisture. As such, I appreciate how the Hiruscar Anti-Acne Pore Purifying Cleanser does not lather up too much and yet is able to gently but effectively remove the dirt and sebum accumulated on my face from a night of sleep. My face did feel a little tight afterwards - a feeling I dislike as it means the cleanser is pretty drying on my skin. However, it was just a tint of tightness that wasn't anywhere near the tightness I feel from most cleansers in the market that claim to be ideal for oily skin. As for the scent, it is pretty strong and somehow reminds me of body wash, although the "fragrance" ingredient is only found in the middle. My skin isn't sensitive to fragrance so this doesn't bother me, but just take note for those whose skin reacts adversely to it. I will actually continue using this on alternate days.

2. Hiruscar Anti-Acne Pore Purifying Serum
(S$39.90 / 50g)

Product Claims:
+ Lightweight moisturiser for acne-prone skin
+ Reduces excessive sebum which can cause acne formation
+ Tightens pores
+ Light and non-greasy texture

My Thoughts:
I really like this serum and I'm definitely gonna start incorporating it into my current skincare regime! The ingredients are kind to the skin (I don't see any alcohol at all so it gets a big thumbs-up from me) and the texture is extremely lightweight, making this product a good basic everyday serum. The company suggests users to use this as both a serum and a moisturiser, but I would personally proceed on with a moisturiser to further hydrate my skin, as our skin produces extra oil especially when it feels dehydrated.

3. Hiruscar Anti-Acne Spot Gel
(S$19.90 / 10g)

Product Claims:
+ Reduces acne problems like blackheads, whiteheads & pimples
+ Salicylic Acid for anti-acne benefits
+ Vitamin C derivative to lighten acne spots and dark marks
+ MPS to maintain skin’s moisture

My Thoughts:
I didn't even have to test this product out to know that I'd like it just by looking at the ingredients. I've dealt with acne since the age of 12, so I've done enough trial-and-errors to know that salicylic acid works wonders on my acne. Some people see better results with other acne-busting ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil, but salicylic acid is my personal holy grail. The downside though, is that my current spot gel contains 2% salicylic acid while this one only contains 1%. However, the Vitamin C additive makes the Hiruscar Anti-Acne Spot Gel more of an all-rounder as it not only reduces the size of acne but lightens post-acne marks too. There's also what Hiruscar calls "MPS" to maintain the skin's moisture - I don't really know what this is but anything that helps my skin to maintain its moisture is appreciated. Talk about killing not 2, but 3 birds with 1 stone!

Despite currently having hormonal outbreaks as it's that time of the month for me, my face feels cleaner, more hydrated without any greasy feeling, my pimples feel more soothed and even the dry patch seen in "before" has disappeared after washing and moisturising my face with Hiruscar.

Availability
The Hiruscar Anti-Acne range is available for purchase at selected Watsons and Guardian stores, or you can also sign up for a free spot gel sample at Sample Store via http://bit.ly/2uWTg9F

-
Facebook: Hiruscar Singapore

Disclaimer: Products featured in this post were
 sent to me by Sample Store (representing Hiruscar Singapore) for review. While this is a paid engagement and post does contain information from the brand itself, thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am not affiliated with both companies.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

2 comments:

  1. It make me breakout more sorry this is bullshit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Everyone's skin reacts to different ingredients and products. Sorry to hear this range didn't work for you! It's good for others to take note. You can try La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo+ if you haven't already tried; I've recommended this to many friends and it has worked for most :) Good luck in finding a skincare range that works for you!

      Delete