Wednesday 29 July 2015

Stay lean with the help of Stay Lean Tea | REVIEW

"Detox", the word you so frequently hear nowadays.

And then, there is "TEATOX".

What is teatox? It's basically a tea detox!

In Singapore, there is already a renown brand selling detox teas, and so many Singaporeans are going gaga over it. I, on the other hand, never once jumped on the bandwagon because... I don't know, I guess I never bothered to? I don't even believe in "detox" products because I know for a fact that there is no such thing - the body detoxifies itself. Although, being a self-proclaimed beauty enthusiast, I won't say that I was never curious. Why are there so many raved reviews and testimonials about detox teas? What exactly is the hype all about...?

Well, thanks to Stay Lean Tea, I think I finally have the answer to my own question.


No, Stay Lean Tea is not the local brand I was talking about - this is actually an Australian company! When the good people of Stay Lean Tea approached me to do a review on their 14 Day Detox Program, I was a little hesitant because like I said, I don't believe in any product that claims to "detox" the body. However, my mind changed when I looked through their website and saw the ingredients of their teas. I was honestly surprised to find out that the ingredients used are 100% natural, laxative-free and beneficial for one's health! Here are the ingredients:


Ingredients
Right-Left: Lean Burner Blend, Lean Cleanse Blend
  • Lean Burner Blend (Day): Longjing green leaf*, Pu'erh Tea Leaf, Dandelion Leaf, Lotus leaf, Lemon Grass, Oolong leaf, Goji Berry
  • Lean Cleanse Blend (Afternoon): Longjing green leaf*, Chamomile, Chrysanthemum, Rose flower, Lavender, Roselle, Lemon Grass
*key ingredient which is loaded with antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins and catechins that work together to stimulate fat loss and detoxify the body
As you can see, the daytime blend contains energising ingredients like pu'erh, goji berry and oolong leaf, while the afternoon blend contains calming ones like chamomile, chrysanthemum and lavender to get you in the mood for bed by the time you get home from work or school.
I knew then that I HAD to give this teatox a try, however skeptical I was. My logic was that even if it did not work (a.k.a even if I did not end up losing weight or feeling less bloated), at least I'd have all those good leaves / flowers / berries in my system ;)

Product Benefits
According to Stay Lean Tea's website, the 14 Day Detox program helps to:

- Give the metabolism a huge boost

- Burn fat and excess calories while at rest
- Suppress appetite over a sustained period of time
- Remove toxins from the digestive tract
- Enhance nutrient absorption
- Reduce bloating and water retention
- Increase energy levels and boost the immune system

Directions
Lean Burner Blend:
Consume 1 cup every day in the morning. 1 tea bag per cup in boiling water for 2-4 minutes.
Lean Cleanse Blend:
Consume 1 cup every second day in the afternoon. 1 tea bag per cup in boiling water for 2-4 minutes.

The Test
I followed the 14 Day Detox program diligently for 2 weeks, drinking the Lean Burner Blend every morning and the Lean Cleanse Blend once every 2 days.

Results
Do note that on the first day of starting this program, I was feeling extremely boated - I felt much more bloated than usual. It's not too obvious in this "before" picture but my stomach was so, so round... I didn't know what was wrong, but I knew I was dying to get started on this teatox program to see if it would help with my bloated stomach.
I want to categorise my results in terms of what Stay Lean Tea claims this program can help customers with:
Claim 1: Give the metabolism a huge boost
Result: I did notice that I was feeling a bit hungrier than normal during this 2-week program, and this is because when your metabolism increases, it's natural for you to feel hungrier since your body is digesting your food better / at a faster rate.
Claim 2: Burn fat and excess calories while at rest
Result: I don't know about this, but I unfortunately did not lose any weight despite achieving a leaner tummy, at least based on my weighing scale. Where is the logic in this! Hahahaha.
Claim 3: Suppress appetite over a sustained period of time
Result: Did not happen for me... Maybe I'm just a glutton LOL
Claim 4: Remove toxins from the digestive tract
Result: Despite a couple days of unhealthy eating, I actually passed motion very smoothly, every single day. Some days, I even went twice or thrice, and no it's not in diarrhea form - I'm sure we can all distinguish between having diarrhea and simply having a smooth bowel. Is this a bit too TMI? xD
Claim 5: Enhance nutrient absorption
Result: I don't think I'd know this for sure?
Claim 6: Reduce bloating and water retention
Result: As seen from the before-and-after photo above, I think it's quite obvious that my bloated stomach truly reduced in size. Just to put it out there, I did not suck in my tummy for the "after" photo at all. So yes, in terms of bloat reduction, it's safe to say that Stay Lean Tea shows effectiveness in this aspect!
Claim 7: Increase energy levels and boost the immune system
Result: I rely on coffee every morning, but there were a few days during this program when I did not feel the need to make myself a cup. I guess it's kind of effective in this aspect as well!

Price & Availability

The Stay Lean Tea 14 Day Detox Program costs AUD$33 (equivalent to ~S$33) and is available for purchase online at www.stayleantea.com.au. Do note that because this is an Australian site, shipping the tea to Singapore (or anywhere else besides Australia - free shipping for Australia) requires an additional AUD$3.90 shipping fee. This makes the Stay Lean Tea 14 Day Detox Program amount to about S$37 in total.

My Final Thoughts
If you look at it on tea terms, S$37 is actually pretty expensive. It's like splurging on atas tea (high-class tea) such as TWG that retails for S$25 / 15 tea bags - this makes Stay Lean Tea as expensive as TWG because they cost almost the same per tea bag. However, if I am to compare Stay Lean Tea to TWG, I would much rather pay for Stay Lean Tea since I get a special blend of natural and beneficial ingredients in their teas which also aid in bloat reduction! My ex-bloated stomach and I are grateful. In my opinion, Stay Lean Tea is definitely worth a try, especially so if you're residing in Australia because you get to save on the shipping fee.
Thank you Stay Lean Tea for eradicating my skeptical views on detox teas. It has been a great experience for me (and my bowels)! I am more than happy to officially be a convert - although I am still reserved on products that claim to "detox" the body in general.
-
Disclaimer: The Stay Lean Tea 14 Day Detox Program was sent to me by Stay Lean Tea for review. This post does contain information from the brand itself, but thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am not affiliated with nor compensated by the company.


With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment