Saturday 25 July 2015

CLEO Magazine's "Most Effective Makeup Remover": NEW Bioré Aqua JellyMakeup Remover | REVIEW


Another Bioré review for you? :D

The highly-acclaimed Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover has won the "Most Effective Makeup Remover" title for The CLEO Beauty Hall of Fame 2015. Congratulations, Bioré!

With its revolutionary jelly-like texture, Bioré introduces the NEW Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover which comes in an even smoother, lighter consistency but with the same high cleansing ability - it effortlessly dissolves and lifts off more makeup in a gentle glide.

As a user of its old formula, I was curious to find out whether or not the new version really has... improved!

So then, what makes the NEW Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover version better than the previous one?



Improved Product Benefits

  • Smoother jelly-like texture: Gentle on skin and rinses off easily and quickly without any harsh tugging or pulling action on skin
  • High cleansing ability: Dissolves and lifts off all traces of makeup effortlessly
  • Made with 40% more moisturising essence: Nourishes and hydrates skin for a dewy moisturised finish
  • Lightweight formula: Leaves skin feeling refreshed with no sticky or greasy after-feel

The Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover is suitable for all skin types.

So smooth that the product ran down my hand even before I managed to turn my camera on - this was definitely not the case with the old formula!


Ingredients

How To Use

1. Pump an appropriate amount (2-3 pumps) onto dry hands and spread evenly over dry face and eyes.

2. Massage gently to dissolve makeup.

3. Rinse thoroughly with water. It is not necessary to remove cleansing liquid with cotton pad or tissue.

For best results, apply on dry face and hands. Do not use facial cotton pad or tissue.

The Test

After leaving my makeup products on for a good 15 minutes, it was time to put the Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover to the test!


After rinsing with water:
As you can see, while both concealers (even my high-coverage, long-lasting one) were effectively removed, there were still remains of my stubborn lip tint and waterproof mascara.

Second round:
Waterproof mascara was totally gone by the second round (although I had to use a bit of my nail to "scrape" it off), but there was still a bit of lip tint left. I have to admit that I created quite a challenge for the Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover, because I already knew this lip tint would be very long-wearing ;)

My Thoughts

I did another test when I got back to the hotel at night (I was in Bintan for a short getaway), but this time it was on my own face and using the same makeup products; I got the same results as with my hand. To be brutally honest, I don't think this particular makeup remover should be deemed the "most effective" - it certainly did not do very well in removing my waterproof mascara, especially for one that claims to glide easily "to remove even waterproof mascara" on its packaging. Not that it's a bad product, don't get me wrong, because what can you really expect from a water-based, jelly-like makeup remover? The best kind of makeup remover to remove waterproof mascara is still an oil-based one, in my opinion. I did notice that indeed, my skin actually felt hydrated and not "stripped off" like how some makeup removers (even cleansers) would make my skin feel. Because of the "aqua" aspect, it did not leave an oily residue on my skin as well. I will recommend the Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover to you IF...

- you do not use waterproof mascara
- you do not fancy oil cleansers
- you like a hydrating after-feel instead of a "squeaky clean" / tight after-feel

Price & Availability

The Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover retails for S$24.90 / 230ml and is available for purchase at all leading supermarkets, personal care stores and western pharmacies & departmental stores.

-


Disclaimer: The Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover was sent to me by The Sample Store (representing Bioré Singapore) for review. This post does contain information from the brand (Kao Singapore) itself, but thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am not affiliated with nor compensated by the company.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment