Tuesday 7 July 2015

"The most luxurious medspa in Singapore": Launch of Simply Aesthetics + My First Teeth Whitening Experience

Barely 2 months ago, I was warmly invited by The Influencer Network to attend the soft launch of a new luxury spa in town: Simply Aesthetics - a place that aims to marry "aesthetics" and "beauty" with the latest aesthetic technologies and cosmeceuticals for quick, effective results.

In line with the theme of Capitol Piazza (where it is located), a luxurious and newly restored historical building just outside of City Hall MRT, Simply Aesthetics provides a luxurious pampering environment that is bound to make you feel like a princess or prince!

Pretty treats and luxurious-looking decor at Simply Aesthetics during their soft launch party!


Simply Aesthetics was also really generous, because I got to try out their LED Teeth Whitening and an exclusive 2.5hr facial with compliments from Simply, both of which I will share more about today!


More About Simply Aesthetics
"With years of experience in the aesthetics industry, we redefine the art of beauty. Our approach to your top-to-toe aesthetic needs is simple - using the latest aesthetic technologies and cosmeceuticals to deliver quick and effective results in a luxurious and pampering environment. We are well-equipped with meticulously selected non-invasive aesthetic equipment that delivers quick and effective results while not compromising safety and comfort. Dubbed as the most luxurious medspa in Singapore with hydro-massage beds for face and body treatments. Beauty is that simple and it simply begins here at Simply Aesthetics."

LED Teeth Whitening
S$380 / 20-min session

This was my very first LED teeth whitening experience; I was so excited! I had the chance to try out Simply Aesthetics' Non-Peroxide LED Teeth Whitening (20 min) on the day of the soft launch itself.
Their hydro-massage water bed - too comfortable for words!

My teeth before the session started - pardon the messiness!
 
If you've ever done teeth whitening, even those at-home kits, the process is probably the same. Although I have never done any teeth whitening before, I wasn't foreign with the process because I've seen pictures and videos of LED teeth whitening before. For Simply, they first applied Vasaline onto my lips to prevent dryness, followed by mouth trays filled with teeth whitening gel. I was also given a pair of glasses (shown below) to protect my eyes from the bright LED light.

During my teeth whitening session, I also got to see Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie!!!!!
Lolol

After 20 minutes, my treatment was done! 

Ready to take the mouth trays off - hey Sarah! :D


This was how my teeth looked right after the session:
You can see that the whitening was very uneven, and it lasted for the rest of the day so I didn't dare to smile with my teeth for the whole day hahaha. BUT, here's how my teeth looked 2-3 days later!!!
Hahahaha soz, can't help it!

No filter, no edit except for putting these 3 pictures into a collage - the result is quite amazing yes??

Within these 3 days, however, I was told to abstain from coffee and wine. But I actually drank wine on the 2nd night, oops!

Yay to whiter teeth! :D 

PROMOTION: Simply's LED Teeth Whitening is currently at a promotional price of S$180 instead of S$380 for a 20-minute session.

Simply Oxycious Facial
(price not available)

A few weeks later, I visited Simply again to try out the Oxycious Facial! This facial is not in their menu - it's a special one that allowed us attendees of the soft launch to experience some of their treatments and machines!

TWG tea served in TWG pots and tea sets - talk about luxurious!


A quick snap before my facial began! 
Pardon the greasiness, I didn't have blotting paper or powder with me - I had a long day and only had sunblock, brows, lipstick and undereye concealer on.

As with all facials, the first step was the removal of makeup, followed by cleanser. Simply's cleanser is different from most facials though - it's a bubble cleanser/mask!!! I got so excited because I've been wanting to get myself a similar bubble mask from Bliss or Peter Thomas Roth for a long time now, but they're not cheap! I took a video of the "bubbling" process but can't seem to upload it. A bubble cleanser / mask basically applies like a regular cleanser, except it starts to foam up when you leave it on your face! The "bubbling" effect is apparently a sign that the cleanser is providing oxygen to the face, although there are mixed views about this. I loved it nonetheless!

Now, here are 3 treatments / machines I got to try, courtesy of Simply Aesthetics - Aqua Peel, Oxy Jet Peel and "Cold Hammer".


Aqua Peel
Sorry for the unflattering angle, I couldn't see xD

This machine feels quite cooling on the skin, and although it has the ability to exfoliate dead skin cells and extract impurities, it wasn't the least painful! If I'm not wrong, this machine simultaneously produces some kind of facial serum that helps to hydrate the skin. Quite a multi-tasker huh!

Oxy Jet Peel
Look at my huge dimple!!! ...okay I kid haha.

The Jet Peel technology uses pressurised air that accelerates a jet of micro-droplets to gently and painlessly cleanse and exfoliate the skin. Goggles had to be worn to protect my eyes from the pressurised air. "Pressurised" sounds painful or uncomfortable but this machine was easily my favourite!  According to Simply's website, "the Oxy Jet Peel delivers moisture, vitamins and nutrients into your skin without ever touching it and without needles". 

"Cold Hammer"
My face was SUPER red at this point because of the extraction :( So I really appreciated this "cold hammer" step right after my therapist was done with the extraction! I put quotation marks for "cold hammer" because I'm not sure what Simply calls this machine.

Cannot see? No problem! I can still turn my camera on, aim and pose :D
 
Thank you Simply Aesthetics for the hospitality!!
 
-
 
Simply Aesthetics is located at 13 Stamford Road, #B1-28 Capitol Piazza, Singapore 178905.
 

Disclaimer: I was invited by The Influencer Network (PR company managing Simply Aesthetics) to try out the above treatments. This post does contain information from the brand itself, but thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am not affiliated with nor compensated by the company.


With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment