Monday 16 March 2015

March Bellabox 2015 Unboxing | Fifty Shades of Pink


I've never gotten around to subscribing to any monthly subscription box, because… To be honest, I don't even know why! I think it's because I don't like paying without knowing what I've paid for.

With that said, bellabox was kind enough to present me my first ever beauty box! :D


If you're still not aware of bellabox, which shouldn't be the case since the brand has created such a reputable name for itself, it provides different deluxe-sized (sometimes even full-sized) products every month, and the products are always packed into this adorable Tiffany-looking box that you see above. As stated in bellabox's website, "each bellabox contains 5 carefully selected products, ranging from the newest lip-gloss to high-end shampoos, makeup, new product innovations (yes you can be the first to sample the newest scientific breakthroughs in beauty) and much much more".

$ Price $

Each box is priced at a flat rate of S$19.95 with FREE delivery by COURIER SERVICE* - talk about customer service! I decided to state the price beforehand so I can calculate the monetary value of the products in this box, and see how much value you will get out of it. ;)

*The deliverer actually sent my box to me on a Saturday afternoon, which is rare considering how SingPost doesn't deliver on weekends. Kudos to bellabox's delivery team! 

Now, let's cut to the chase and get with the unboxing!!!

Introducing… "Fifty Shades of Pink" a.k.a. March Bellabox 2015.
As an all-time lover of the colour "pink", I got so excited when I saw this card once I opened the box! But… the products inside are not pink… Hahahaha. What a tease, bellabox!

First layer

1. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara, 3.0g (S$37 / 8.5g)
Value: S$13.06 / 3.0g

Description by bellabox:
"Achieve superb curl power for 12 hours straight! It contains an instant curve setting formula and an innovative Hook 'n' Roll brush to grab, separate, lift, and curl for powerful lash curling hold and wider-looking eyes."
My vision headed straight for this mascara the moment I opened the box. All the hype about this new mascara by Benefit has made me really curious, so I can't wait to put this to the test!

2. Bioderma Hydrabio Serum, 15ml (S$49.90 / 40ml)
Value: S$18.71 / 15ml

Description by bellabox:
"A moisturising concentrate for dehydrated skin, its refreshing melt-in texture is enhanced with Aquagenium patent to biologically revitalise skin's natural hydrating ability. For soft, radiant, rejuvenated skin in time."
When I saw the word "radiant", I went "yaaaaas" in my head hahahaha. I love any skincare product that provides radiance to the skin! I've oily skin too, which is equivalent to very dehydrated skin; this product is a definite must-try for me.

3. (Bonus product) Tealy Spring Green Tea, 1 tea bag (S$17 / 10 tea bags)
Value: S$1.70 / 1 tea bag

Description from bellabox:
"An exceptional seasonal tea made only once-a-year, enjoy the exquisite pleasure of this bright and luminescent green blend, coupled with its revitalising strong aroma and distinct sweetness."
I haven't tried this so I don't know about the "distinct sweetness", but I LOVE green tea so I couldn't help myself and opened the packet right away! It actually smells like brown rice and seaweed to me for some reason hahaha, and I love it!! Also, it is actually better and more expensive to pack tea leaves this way, as compared to the normal rectangular tea bags, because apparently it makes the taste of the leaves "come out" more, if you know what I'm saying.

Second Layer

4. (Bonus product) Darlie All Shiny White Multi-Care Toothpaste, 40g (S$3.45 / 140g)
Value: S$0.99 / 40g

Description by bellabox:
"A multi-care formulation combined with SWA whitening particles and fluoride, it eliminates plaque, strengthens enamel, delivers gum care, prevents cavities; deep cleans, strengthens teeth and freshens breath with its fresh mint flavour. Reveal a wider, whiter and more beautiful smile day after day. Simply enjoy the Whitening 1+7 Benefits in one tube!"
I don't know about you, but I've always been biased towards Darlie! I'll use other brands of toothpastes once in awhile, but I always find myself going back to Darlie at the end of the day. It may be because I've been using Darlie since I was young, so… yes to Darlie! Hehe.

5. Daylong SPF 50+ Sunscreen Duo: Daylong Gel, 10ml (S$32.90 / 50ml) and Daylong Kids Lotion, 10ml (S$39.90 / 150ml)
Value: Gel S$6.58 / 10ml and Lotion S$2.66 = S$9.24 for both

Description by bellabox:
"Quick absorbing, non-sticky and incredibly comforting on skin, this sunscreen duo deliver very high protection against skin damages from UVB, UVA and IR. While the SPF 50+ Gel is ideal for very sensitive to oily skin, the Kids SPF 50+ Lotion is specially created for kids' (as of 1 year) sensitive skin."
I have come a super long way since Secondary school in finding the perfect affordable and, most importantly, non-greasy sunscreen product for my oily skin. It was not an easy road haha, because many brands have promised "non-greasy" / "non-sticky" / "suitable for oily skin" for their sunscreens, but most of them simply played on empty words. As such, ever since I found my holy grail sunblock a few years back, I never bothered to try anything else, and at the same time I've recommended it to countless people! But since I've gotten this sample, I might as well give it a try. I'll be staying in a hotel with my family this weekend, so it'll be a great sunblock to pop into my skincare bag since it's travel-sized.

6. Asience Inner Rich Shampoo & Conditioner, 45ml each (S$14.90 / 480ml each)
Value: S$1.40 / 45ml each = S$2.80 for both shampoo and conditioner

Description by bellabox:
"Powered by Asience innovative Beauty Serum, this shampoo and conditioner duo for dry, frizzy hair is formulated with a luxurious blend of precious oils and essences to reveal youthful-looking hair."
I try my best not to purchase hair products that contain "ammonium laureth sulfate" or "sodium laureth sulfate" because these sulphates will damage your hair in the long run. Yet, only a few haircare brands bother to remove harsh (or all) sulphates from their ingredients. Do you know that these sulphates are also found in detergents to create lather and bubbles? That's how most of your shampoos are able to foam up nicely, and we think it's a treat since it makes shampooing so easy, as compared to non-lather shampoos that make it such a chore to distribute the product all over your hair. In fact, I used to be a long-time user of Asience, until I decided to switch to "better" shampoos. Nonetheless, I'll still be bringing these with me this weekend since they're travel-friendly and easy to bring along.

Third Layer

7. Naturvital Sensitive Oily Hair Shampoo, 2 x 10ml (S$23 / 300ml)
Value: S$0.77 / 10ml each = S$1.54 for 2 sachets

Description by bellabox:
"Formulated with remarkable skin tolerance, this hypoallergenic hair shampoo rebalances sensitive, oily hair types to provide the most natural care daily. For long-lasting cleaner, healthier hair."
Another shampoo with sodium laureth sulfate… However, this one can be considered as one of the "better" shampoos because at least it contains no colorants, silicones, paraben preservatives and mineral oils. I'm actually interested in trying this out because I've got oily scalp!

Fourth Layer

8. The PPP Shop Post-Laser Facial Mask, 1 sheet (S$72 / 6 sheets)
Value: S$12 / 1 sheet

Description by bellabox:
"Activate turbo-charged rehydration and embrace firmer, suppler skin in just 5 minutes with this refreshing mask. Oil-free, fragrance-free and ideal for sensitive skin, it is created with Hyaluronic Acid to support moisture lock-in without blocking pores."
5-minute sheet mask… a first for me! This mask is quite special though, given that it's formulated by a clinic and it's created for their clients who do laser treatments. I found the ingredient list on their website:

Demineralised Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pentylene Glycol, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, Lecithin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ergothioneine, Carbomer, Sodium Polyglutamate, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Soluble Collagen, Menthyl Lactate

I'm always doubtful about masks that claim they are formulated with a certain ingredient, yet you don't see it at the top 30% of the ingredient list. This mask does has positive reviews on their website, but I believe the benefits reaped may have been from other ingredients in the mask instead, like the aloe barbadensis leaf juice and fruit extracts. Nevertheless, I'm a sheet mask person so I can't wait to try this out as well!

Fifth (and last) Layer
Complimentary facials from The PPP Shop and discount voucher from Darlie


Total Value

Excluding the complimentary facials, the March bellabox is worth S$60.04!!! Without the two bonus products, it will be S$57.35.

Considering how each box costs S$19.95, I would say the March bellabox is undoubtedly value for money! Additionally, their website says they usually give 5 products per box, but this box has 7, woohoo!

To get your March bellabox, simply head to their website.

Thank you once again for the love, bellabox! <3

-

Website: www.bellabox.sg
Facebook: bellabox Asia
Instagram: @bellaboxAsia
Twitter: @bellaboxAsia

Disclaimer: Products were sent by Bellabox Singapore for review. Thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience.
I am not affiliated with nor compensated by the company.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

1 comment: