Monday 7 May 2018

Give your hair what it deserves with Kevin Murphy's Hydrate-Me range | REVIEW


For those of you who are here after seeing my Instagram post, you will already know that I highly recommend the Kevin Murphy Hydrate-Me range to anyone looking to get smoother and sleeker hair. But if you did not see that post... I guess this is a big spoiler 😅 Nonetheless, let me share with you why Kevin Murphy's hair products are what your precious hair deserves! 

About The Brand

Founder and Session Stylist Kevin Murphy introduced his namesake professional haircare line to fill a void in the world of session styling. Unsatisfied with conventional haircare products in the market, he turned to advanced skincare technology to deliver weightless texture with gentle formulas using natural ingredients. The results are products that feature vitamins and amino acids to repair and thicken hair, weightless moisturisers from high-end skincare brands to smoothen and soften hair, and antioxidants from fruits and flowers to reduce hair breakage and chemical damage.

About The Products


All Kevin Murphy products are sulphate-free, paraben-free and cruelty-free. Additionally, all packaging is 100% recyclable as the guy himself is huge on protecting our Mother Earth. The haircare products are created using gentle formulas and natural ingredients. For the Hydrate-Me range which I will be focusing on today, it is suitable for people who live in dry climates or has naturally dry hair.

Ingredients

Hydrate-Me.Wash is a Kakadu Plum infused moisture delivery shampoo that aims to smoothen, add shine and moisture, and create a silky feel to the hair. It also has a controlled pH level of 6.3 to 7.0. Here are the key ingredients, which I'm happy to say that most of them can be found at the top half of the ingredients list:
  • Kakadu Plum - a fruit native to the Australian Northern Territory and has the highest concentration on Vitamin C of any known plant
  • Bergamot Essential Oil - a natural source of Vitamin C
  • Hydrolysed Silk Extracts - smoothens surface of the hair to lock in moisture
  • Vitamin A - an antioxidant and cellular renewal ingredient that smoothes the appearance of the hair shaft and increases elasticity
  • Vitamin C - stimulates production of elastin and collagen; maintains hair’s lustre and elasticity; maintains colour whilst preventing the loss of hair and premature greying; natural detoxifier and aids in improving scalp circulation
  • Jojoba Esters - adds moisture to the hair, makes hair more resilient to tangles and avoids damage and split ends
  • Shea Butter - delivers moisture to dry or damaged hair from the roots to the very tips, protecting against weather damage, dryness and brittleness; absorbs quickly and completely into hair and scalp without clogging the cuticle; particularly beneficial for heat-treated hair
  • Evening Primrose Oil - high in Omega 6, hydrates and softens the hair; contains Phospholipids that are hydrophilic, sucking moisture from the air around and draw it to the hair

Hydrate-Me.Rinse is a conditioner that has similar key ingredients as the shampoo, but it also contains a couple more beneficial ingredients:
  • Micro Algae - stress manager for the hair to supply the cells with energy; makes hair become more radiant and adds luminosity
  • Vitamin B7 - beneficial for hair growth and overall hair health; strengthens both the hair follicles and the hair shaft
  • Sunflower Oil - natural sunscreen for the hair, high in Omega 6 and contains Tocopherals (oil soluble antioxidants) and Cinnmic Acid (natural UV protector)

 Texture & Smell

I'll be very honest and say that this shampoo isn't the nicest-smelling shampoo in my personal opinion. The scent is very botanical, especially when Kevin Murphy uses generous amounts of natural ingredients in his products. With that said, I would still pick this shampoo over any other brand that spams their haircare with a high percentage of floral/fruity-smelling fragrance (a.k.a perfume). I was also surprised at how well this shampoo lathers up as compared to other sulphate-free shampoos in the market. It was so easy to spread this shampoo all over my hair and scalp.


The conditioner smells the same as the shampoo, if not more intense. But oh boy, does it make my hair feel so silky smooth! To me, the texture of this conditioner is the epitome of a classic atas (high-class) hair salon product. It is dense, luxurious and certainly the kind of conditioner drugstore brands cannot compare to.

Results

Not only do my tresses look shinier and healthier, they are also much smoother to the touch - even after my FIRST wash. I've caught myself running my fingers through my hair so many times for the past couple of weeks. During yesterday's family dinner, my mum actually asked me why the condition of my hair looks so much better now as compared to when  I had bleached hair - she didn't even know that I've been trying out a new shampoo! Also, as mentioned in my Instagram post, my scalp has actually become LESS OILY, which comes as the biggest and most pleasant surprise to me. With other haircare brands, my scalp sadly turns greasy by as early as 1 P.M. if I don't wash it in the morning, even when I use an oil-control shampoo 😪 But with the Kevin Murphy shampoo, my scalp is able to stay grease-free till night time! *mindblown*
Doesn't look like I've put my hair through some serious bleaching damage before, does it? 😄

If you are intrigued to try this range out, you can redeem yourself some FREE samples here and here (I want to redeem too!!!). You can also hop over to find out more information about the products.


The Kevin Murphy Hydrate-Me.Wash and Hydrate-Me.Rinse retail for S$40 each and are only available for sale in selected professional salons (click here for store locator).

-

Disclaimer: Products featured in this post were
 sent to me by Sample Store (representing Kevin Murphy Singapore) for review. While this post is a paid engagement and does contain information from the brand itself, thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am not affiliated with both companies.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment