Saturday 22 October 2016

Move aside collagen, it's time for stem cells to be in the limelight! Introducing AVALON Stem Cell Beauty Drink | REVIEW

We all know of collagen beauty drinks since they were out in the market way back. Boy, were they a hit in the beauty market. I, on the other hand, was never one of those who went crazy over collagen intake - let's just say I did my research instead of following the hype.

Recently, however, AVALON decides to come up with the first ever all-in-one Orchid Stem Cell Beauty Drink. I may have been off the "beauty blogger" radar for sometime now, but the beauty enthusiast in me was thoroughly intrigued with this particular ingredient, so much so that I did not hesitate to say yes when I was asked if I wanted to review this new beauty beverage.

{ AVALON Stem Cell Beauty Drink }



Description:
"AVALON Stem Cell Beauty Drink, the first beauty drink in Singapore that contains Young Orchid Stem Cells. Enhanced with Litchi Seed Extract, Premium French Marine Collagen and a combination of Fruit Extracts, where taken together helps to repair and rejuvenate our skin cells, retain skin’s moisture, brighten skin tone, tighten pores, improve skin firmness and reduces appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, resolving 6 major skin problems with just one product! And unlike most beauty drink in the market that has a thick texture and strong flavour, AVALON Stem Cell Beauty Drink is made with Sparkling Water that not only adds a refreshing twist to conventional beauty but in fact sparkling water actually helps to boost nutrients' absorption and promote skin metabolism!"



Ingredients:
Cell Young® Orchid Stem Cell, Premium French Marine Collagen, Acerola Cherry, Litchi Seed Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Olive Extract, Citric Acid, Sucralose, White Grape Juice, Litchi Juice, Apple Juice, Litchi Flavour, Sparkling Water


Do You Know?
Orchids were apparently used by people in olden days for various reasons: ancient Chinese used Orchids to promote good health and cure diseases, ancient Aztecs brewed a strength potion from its flowers to obtain power over their enemies, Europeans used it in love potions, and the Geeks used it for fertility. Today, Orchid extracts (the flower as a whole) are used in multiple varieties of products including hair care, body care, and skincare products. However, researchers have found a breakthrough in an untapped part of Orchids: its stem cells.

Fundamental to having good skin is maintaining healthy skin cells. To fully benefit from any oral beauty supplement or skincare, it is important to have healthy skin cells to fully absorb and lock in beneficial nutrients. Research discovered that Orchid Stem Cell is a powerful antioxidant and possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties, particularly young orchid stem cells as they will help protect the skin from environmental damages while hydrating and renewing our skin cells.

Claims:
- In 7 days: feel skin being more supple and hydrated
- In 28 days: see skin tone brighten up and looking more radiantpores appear to be tighterwrinkles and fine lines will also look lighter now that your skin is more supple



Price:
S$69.90 for a box of 10

Usage:
Consume 1 bottle a day before bedtime for 7 consecutive days.
For maintenance, consume 1 bottle on alternate days.


My Thoughts:

Taste - Before I started on my first bottle, I was afraid this would have the fishy smell and taste that some collagen supplements in the market has (because as seen in the ingredients list, collagen is second in this product). To my surprise, this  one smells and tastes distinctively of lychee. It's like drinking a concentrated bottle of lychee juice, and I love it!

Results - This may or may not sound crazy, but after 4 consecutive nights of consuming this drink, I woke up on the 5th day and thought my skin actually looked more radiant than before! My skin seemed to look a little more supple too... Is it just my mind playing tricks on me, or has this product really does what it claims to do for my skin? There wasn't any change in my food intake and skincare regimen as well, so there was nothing else I could give credit for except this beverage. I do have to say though, I did not experience or feel anymore changes to my skin after I completed the 7th bottle, and even after I finished the remaining 3 on alternate days.

Availability:
The AVALON Stem Cell Beauty Drink (set of 10) is available for purchase at Watsons, Unity Pharmacy, ALT, OG, Robinsons, Yue Hwa, or online at www.hibeau.com


{ Final Thoughts }

All in all, I would say this product has performed fairly decently, and I somehow believe that with continued consumption, brighter and more radiant skin can be achieved! I'll actually be willing to get the 2nd box on my own just to see how this product performs at the end of 28 days.

Exclusive Promotion!
Get 20% off when you purchase from www.hibeau.com by entering the code TSS-20OFF at checkout!


-

Disclaimer: Products featured in this post were sent to me by Sample Store (representinAVALON Beauty Singapore) for review. This post does contain information from the brand itself, but thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am neither affiliated with nor compensated by both companies.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment