Monday 18 January 2016

I use horse shampoo for my hair | Mane 'n Tail REVIEW


For a few years now, there is one haircare brand that I have been extremely curious about.


That's right. It's Mane 'n Tail. The legendary horse shampoo that can be used on human hair as well. A few years ago, I stumbled across a YouTube video of this American girl who claimed that Mane 'n Tail actually helped her to achieve longer and thicker hair like no other shampoos. That's a big statement, isn't it? My interest was piqued, so I went on to watch similar review videos of Mane 'n Tail.

I heard nothing but good things about this brand, with many girls on YouTube claiming that their hair has been growing in length and increasing in volume ever since they started using Mane 'n Tail.

As curious as I was about this shampoo, I seemed to have forgotten all about it. You can only imagine my excitement when I recently got offered to do a review of Mane 'n Tail!


Mane 'n Tail has a total of 5 formulas for sale in Singapore, namely Original, Deep Moisturizing, Herbal-Gro, Gentle Clarifying & Replenishing and Anti-dandruff. I will only be talking about the first 3 formulas.



1. Original
Shampoo when dispensed

Lathers well

Conditioner when dispensed

Description in Summary:
"Original formula is the formula that started it all. The popular formula contains emollients providing body, shine and manageability for healthy looking hair every time you shampoo."

Ingredients:
  • Shampoo - Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citric Acid, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional
  • ConditionerWater/Aqua/Eau, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Stearate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Propylparaben, Lanolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Yellow #5 (CI 19140), Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-isomethyl Ionian

My Thoughts:
When I used the Original shampoo for the first time, I actually did not like how it made my hair feel - super squeaky clean. As a girl with an oily scalp, I was surprised I did not enjoy that 'squeaky clean' feel; I found it hard to wash the shampoo off since there was so much friction going on. It may not be something that you can imagine until you try it out for yourself. But (and this is a huge but), when used with the conditioner over a period of a few days, I found myself liking this duo more and more. Don't get me wrong, I still have yet to get used to the overly-clean feel post shampoo. What I did realise, however, is that my hair is now softer, slightly shinier (to be fair, my hair is already quite shiny to begin with, but I think Mane 'n Tail has made my hair look just a tad bit shinier), and easier to manage. As I have only tested this out for a week, I am not able to put a verdict on whether this shampoo will help one achieve longer hair. But for now, I have to have I am pretty impressed! The conditioner deserves a mention as well - you can use this conditioner on your scalp too!!! It felt weird applying conditioner on my scalp the first time, but hey, I'm not complaining! It probably plays a big part in making my hair feel softer and easier to manage than before.

2. Deep Moisturizing

Description in Summary:
"Deep Moisturizing formula is micro-enriched with deep hydrating botanicals and naturally locks in moisture while fortifying your hair with Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B."

Ingredients:
  • ShampooWater/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-7, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-6, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone, Blue #1 (CI 42090)
  • Conditioner - Water/Aqua/Eau, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cocus Nucifera (Coconut) Oil , Fragrance (Parfum), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolzyed Wheat Protein, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone, Blue #1 (CI 42090), Yellow #5 (CI 19140), Butylphenyl Methylpropional

My Thoughts:
This Deep Moisturizing shampoo is indeed more moisturising than the Original formula. It does not give that squeaky clean after-feel at all. Additionally, the colour of this shampoo is in a pretty blue shade, hehehe. To be frank, I prefer this Deep Moisturizing formula for everyday use! The conditioner of this looks and feels the same as the Original.

3. Herbal-Gro

Description in Summary:
"Herbal-Gro formula is the complete hair care system that is formulated with natural herbs blended with an olive oil complex to nourish, strengthen, and fortify hair from root to tip." 

Ingredients:
  • Shampoo - Water/Aqua,Eau, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamide MEA, Hydrogenated Polydecene, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-47, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Keratin Amino Acids, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, L-Arginine, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone, with Extracts of*: Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf*, Larrea Divaricata (Chaparral)*, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Flower*, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower*, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower*, Niacin, Blue #1 (CI 42090), Yellow #5 (19140), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool
  • ConditionerWater/Aqua/Eau, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrogenated Polydecene, Laureth-7, DMDM Hydantoin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-20, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-150 Stearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Lauryl Alcohol, Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Panthenol, L-Arginine, with Extracts of*: Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf*, Larrea Divaricata (Chaparral)*, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Flower*, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower*, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower*, Niacin, Yellow #5 (CI 19140), Blue #1 (CI 42090), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool

My Thoughts:
Unfortunately, I don't have sufficient time to try this formula out, but I like how this one specifically states that it has safe for coloured, permed and chemically-treated hair. I will most probably switch to this formula when my hair gets a fresh coat of colour for the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations!

Final Thoughts
Overall, I am quite impressed with the Mane 'n Tail shampoos and conditioners, and I look forward to seeing if I will experience faster hair growth with continued usage.

Price & Availability
Mane 'n Tail shampoos and conditioners retail for S$15.90 each (355 ml) and are available for purchase at Watsons, Guardian, major Cold Storage, Robinsons, John Little, BHG and NTUC. You can also purchase Mane 'n Tail products via e-store Maimee's Corner, www.maimeescorner.com

Get a free Mane 'n Tail sample on SampleStore.com HERE. Limited samples only.

-

Mane 'n Tail Singapore is giving away a pair of return air tickets to Hong Kong and many more prizes during January and February, so ‘like’ Mane ‘n Tail on Facebook and take part now! 

Disclaimer: Products featured in this post were sent to me by Sample Store (representing Mane 'n Tail Singapore) for review. This post does contain information from the brand itself, but thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am neither affiliated with nor compensated by both companies.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for
more beauty updates!

1 comment: