Sunday 10 May 2015

The new-age moisturiser in a can: Introducing Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion | REVIEW

Body oils, gels, lotions, butters... and now sprays too!


A distinct household brand in the beauty market for its long history (since 1842), commitment to quality and affordability, Palmer's can be found in the homes of families in more than 80 countries, making it one of world's leading names in skincare. There is a Palmer’s product for every skincare need: hand and body care, facial care, stretch mark care, hair care, body care and personal care.
Using nature’s richest, most luxurious ingredients, Palmer’s key ingredients include Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Do you know that Palmer's is a proud member of the World Cocoa Foundation, as well as the Global Shea Alliance? This means that both their cocoa butter and shea butter are ethically sourced. I don't know if you guys have watched this documentary on YouTube showing the dark side of chocolate, how countless children have been (and still are) kidnapped and smuggled due to the high demand for cocoa...


The video had me in tears and since then, I told myself to avoid buying chocolate. To be honest, it's unfortunate that I haven't been very successful because most (if not all) of the chocolate brands found in supermarkets are guilty of child trafficking every single day. However, everytime I'm about to buy chocolate, that particular documentary never fail to flash across my mind, and it has stopped me from getting my chocolate fix several times now. This is when I have full admiration for organisations like the above two that are strictly against inhumane acts such as child trafficking and instead, practice sustainability for the benefit of people, planet and profit.
Sorry for the sidetrack, but I won't feel good if I post this up without mentioning all that!
Additionally, Palmer’s is against animal-testing (kudos, Palmer's!!) and every product is cruelty-free. A majority of Palmer’s products are even free of parabens, phthalates and sulphates.

With all the good (and well-deserving) points mentioned about Palmer's, let's get to what this blog post is about! Palmer’s is pleased to launch the NEW range of innovative moisturising spray lotions. Their key ingredient is, but of course, cocoa butter - nature’s beauty ingredient and a superfood for the skin. Yes to smelling like chocolate, anyone??? *waves hands*


Here's a short clip about the goodness of cocoa butter.


Complementing its Cocoa Butter range is the new Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion.


This spray lotion uses a unique delivery system and Rapidsorb ® Technology, which is non-aerosol based and uses NO propellants, to deliver fine sprays and thus allow the lotion to be quickly absorbed into the skin. This product claims to be fast-absorbing, non-greasy and non-staining, making it especially suitable for daytime use as you can get dressed in a jiffy and have smooth skin at the same time.

As usual, when a product claims to have a certain "star ingredient" (cocoa butter, in this case), I love seeing how far up - or down - it's being placed on the ingredient list!

Ingredients
Water (Aqua) Butylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Lactate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate.

Not too bad right? Apart from cocoa butter, I spot other good ingredients like shea butter (butyrospermum parkii seed butter), Vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate)aloe vera and cucumber extract.

A little information about the key ingredients:

Cocoa Butter - A rich and natural moisturiser that leaves the skin soft and silky, transforming even the roughest, driest areas into buttery-soft skin.

Shea Butter - Deeply moisturises and nourishes the skin to leave it soft and radiant.


Vitamin E - A powerful antioxidant that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and imperfections on the skin, giving a more even and toned appearance.

Although, I can't help but notice the relatively-high percentage of fragrance. Then again, this spray lotion literally makes you smell like you just drenched yourself in chocolate milk... and I LOVE that so I shall look past this point... :D However, I have to state that my skin does not react to fragrances so this isn't an issue for me at all. If your skin is unable to tolerate products with (too much) fragrance, then this is something you ought to take note of. Do a patch test before you commit to using it on your entire body - this is necessary for every new product you use if you have sensitive skin, anyway!

Ingredients aside, I love how the spray nozzle has a "lock" and "unlock" function!

How to use:
For best results, hold can 3-4 inches from skin and spray in a continuous motion. Rub gently into skin.

Fine mist indeed!

Within a few seconds of massaging the lotion into my skin

For those of you who cringe at body lotions that make you feel sticky, you will be happy to know that this particular one is not the least greasy - just look at my arm!

Before and After

Everyone loves "before and after" pictures when it comes to showing whether or not a product is effective - I know I do! Now, where's the best place to test this lotion out? Most of us have dry elbows and heels, so I decided to test it on my heels.

This is so embarrassing for me because I am guilty of having been too busy to take care of my skin recently, let alone my feet :( But a review is a review, so showing you the following picture is a must!
I think it is extremely obvious which heel is with the lotion, and which heel isn't!!! I sprayed some product onto the palm of my hand, spent a few seconds massaging my heel, and wallah!
Smooth, chocolate-smelling feet :D (Almost sounding like I have a foot fetish HAHAHA ...no I don't, guys.)

Of course, I have to put it out there that this effect didn't last me till the next day. But (very) dry skin doesn't cure overnight, so it's totally normal and doesn't in any way prove that this product isn't or won't be effective. My arm is definitely not half as dry as my heels, and since I also tried this lotion on my arm, I realised it stayed decently moisturised.

Buy or Bye? | My Verdict

If you are a fan of non-greasy lotions (almost everyone!), and more importantly, if you like the smell of chocolate (I can't imagine anyone who doesn't), the Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion is undoubtedly a BUY. Most of us only moisturise our bodies at night because many lotions are sticky, and we certainly do not need that extra layer of stickiness especially with our humid weather. Isn't this fast-absorbing spray lotion a quick fix for moisturised skin even during daytime now? :) I definitely see this in my May favourites already!



-

Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion retails for S$17.90/200g and is available at Watsons, Guardian, Fairprice, BHG, Robinsons, John Little and leading cosmetic stores.

Website: www.palmers.com
Instagram: @Palmers_SG


Disclaimer: Product was sent by The Sample Store (representing Palmer's Singapore) for review. This post does contain information from the brand itself, but thoughts and opinions expressed above are strictly my own and based on my personal experience. I am not affiliated with nor compensated by the company.



With love,

Jolynn Lim
My Beauty Road

"Don't forget to love yourself."

Follow me on Instagram @mybeautyroad for more beauty updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment